WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your database
WampServer refers to a software stack for the Microsoft Windows operating system, created by Romain Bourdon and consisting of the Apache web server, OpenSSL for SSL support, MySQL database and PHP programming language.
- WampServer`s functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won`t explain here how to use them. With a left click on WampServer`s icon, you will be able to:
- Manage your Apache and MySQL services
- Switch online/offline (give access to everyone or only localhost)
- Install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases
- Manage your servers settings
- Access your logs
- Access your settings files
- Create Alias
- Change WampServer`s menu language
- Access this Page
- Double click on the downloaded file and just follow the instructions. Everything is automatic. The WampServer package is delivered whith the latest releases of Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Once WampServer is installed, you can manually add aditionals Apache, Php or MySql (only VC9, VC10 and VC11 compiled) versions. Explanations will be provided on the forum.
- Each release of Apache, MySQL and PHP has its own settings and its own files (datas for MySQL).
- The "www" directory will be automatically created (usually c:\wamp\www)
- Create a subdirectory in "www" and put your PHP files inside.
- Click on the "localhost" link in the WampSever menu or open your internet browser and go to the URL : http://localhost